NSH er medlem i The International Hospital Federation (IHF).
Our members are worldwide hospitals and healthcare organizations having a distinct relationship with the provision of healthcare. We provide them with a platform for the exchange of knowledge and strategic experience as well as opportunities for international collaborations with different actors in the health sector.
Established in 1929 after the first International Hospital Congress in Atlantic City, USA as the International Hospital Association, it was re-named after the Second World War in 1947. With its Headquarters in Geneva the IHF is constituted under the Civil Code of Switzerland. The IHF recognizes the essential role of hospitals and health care organizations in providing health care, supporting health services and offering education. Our role is to help international hospitals work towards improving the level of the services they deliver to the population with the primary goal of improving the health of society.
Our vision is a world of healthy communities served by well managed hospitals and health services where all individuals reach their highest potential for health.
Our mission is to:
- Support organizations in the promotion and delivery of healthcare
- Promote interaction among different health system actors
- Sharing of knowledge and experiences
- Support creation of new national hospital associations
- Dissemination of evidence-based information
- Help hospital decision-makers define strategies